Head Start promotes the school readiness of children ages 3 to 5 by encouraging their cognitive, social, and emotional development. Head Start recognizes that parents are a child’s first teacher and also aims to empower them for a life long role in the child’s maturation and learning.
Head Start provides a range of services in the areas of education and early childhood development, including:
- medical, dental, and mental health
- parent involvement and family support
The management of Head Start reaches beyond the program and into the operation of the agency itself. Although the agency’s Board of Directors is legally responsible for the operation of Head Start, the governance of the program is shared between the Head Start Policy Council and the agency’s Board of Directors. This shared governance allows parents and community representatives to contribute ideas and information for program improvement to the Board of Directors.
Applications with incomplete documentation will delay processing. Please reference below for the required documentation.
- Proof of Birth
- Social Security Card
- Immunization Form 3231 (up to date shot records)
- Medicaid/Insurance Card
- Proof of Income (Last 30 Days) -OR- Proof of SNAP, SSI, TANF
- Well Child Check / Dental Exam
- Ga Public Health Form 3300 (if applicable – 4 years of age and older)