Coordinator will develop and implement a system of management, including on-going training, oversight, correction and continuous improvement in the Health and Safety component to ensure child safety. Assure that Head Start performance standards and Health and Safety policies and procedures are implemented consistently across the entire program. The Health and Safety Coordinator is responsible for monitoring all aspects of safety in/around facilities, playgrounds, and equipment. Coordinator will provide training and technical assistance to all relevant staff in the area of safety.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Training and experience in Environmental, Health and Safety rules and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual English/Spanish skills desirable.
- Must have a valid Georgia Driver's License and proof of insurance and provide own vehicle.
- At time of hire must be currently enrolled in Child Care Division-Criminal History Registry and must renew every two years. Must have and maintain a criminal history absent of convictions for violent crimes or crimes against children.
- Must be a US citizen; have a permanent resident card, or an alien registration receipt care
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record (not to exceed 6 points).